For the time being the Surface Pro 2 ^ is my only computer. However, I do use it as a laptop and not as a tablet (for the latter I have my Nexus 7 ^). Due to this I wanted to disable the touch screen on the device. This as I accidentally wiped a few folders away while cleaning the screen.
Disabling the touch screen is simple:
1) Open the Control Panel ^.
2) Search for, and open "Device Manager".
3) Open the "Human Interface Devices" tab
4) Scroll down to "HID-compliant touch screen"
5) Right click -> Properties
6) Click "Disable".
Done! To enable touch screen again, just enable this driver once more.
ref: ms forum ^