A how-to / note to self on setting up Notepad++ the way I like it.
SETTING THE STYLE
Settings > Style configurator > Solarized > Default Style > Font: Source Code Pro & Font size: 12
CREATING THE MACRO
I need one macro, to select / mark / highlight current word.
- Open a document with some text.
- Place the cursor on one word.
- In the menu go to "Macro > Start recording".
- Hold down Ctrl and press left arrow.
- Hold down Ctrl + Shift and press right arrow.
- In the menu go to "Macro > Stop recording".
- Go to "Macro > Save Current Recorded Macro".
- Assign the shortcut of your choice, mine is "Ctrl + Shift + J".
By default "Function Completion" has got shortcut "Ctrl + Space" and "Word Completion" has "Ctrl + Enter". I like it the other way around.
"Settings > Shortcut Mapper"