Sunday, 27 October 2013
Call for Boycott, Uncensored
This is the Censorship Case
- On the 17th of October the post "Boycott Sentrumsløpet 2014" is published on chronicles.no.
- Friday morning, on the 25th of October Kondis publishes the article "Maner til boikott av ”lisensløp”" on kondis.no, about the chronicles.no post, and the responses it has got.
- Within a short period of time the Kondis article gets picked up by Norwegian Athletics Association / Norsk Friidrettsforbund (NFIF) and BUL IL.
- NFIF and BUL IL reacts immediately.
- General secretary of NFIF, Kjetil Hildeskor, calls Kondis and demands that the Kondis article is deleted.
- BUL IL calls Kondis and wants the article removed, or changed, to bear no association with Sentrumsløpet.
- Due to what is "discussed" on the phone with NFIF and BUL IL chief editor at Kondis, Marianne Røhme, makes substantial changes to the article.
For more information read the comments on the original chronicles.no post.
The Original Version
Below is the second version of the Kondis article, the only difference in between the original and the second version is that the following text was added:
"For meg er det ikke noe alternativ med årslisens da jeg er medlem av en klubb, Blodsmak Sportsklubb, som prøvde å melde seg inn i Norges Friidrettsforbund, men ble nektet medlemsskap på grunn av navnet."
This version was written and published by Kondis journalist and editor Runar Gilberg. It was this version where I proof-read my own quotes.
The Censored (Current) Version
And here is the new version, where my statements has been altered, and all direct references to the source chronicles.no has been removed. There has also been added some bullet points, titled "Dette er lisenssaken", at the bottom of the page (not in this screenshot).
List of Changes
For a detailed view of the changes that was done in between the version, please check this page. Red symbolises text that has been removed. Green, text that has been added.
The headings "En løgn" and "Lisensfritt løp" were removed:
The word "løgn" was changed with "påstand":
References to Klevstul Chronicles were removed:
Quotes from the original post on Chronicles were removed:
Information that Sentrumsløpet was the first race to implement the new fee on running was removed:
Link to related post, which the Kondis article is all about, was removed, along with the name of the source:
Some use two words to describe what has happened here: "own decision".
I use one word: censorship!