MoCh - Challenge #9 September 2013 - The Prism Break Challenge
It has been a long time since my last challenge, so it is about time to once more step out of the comfort zone. My new challenge is called "The Prism Break Challenge" (written as Prism and not PRISM on purpose). The proper challenge doesn't start before September, but I've started doing preparations, that I will write more about soon.
The goal of this challenge is to be more or less invisible to Big Brother (NSA and intelligence services, aka. government agencies, around the globe). To do this I need to stay off "the grid", or to create fake identities that can not be traced back to me as an individual. I will make some exceptions, as staying completely off the grid is impossible for me due to my work. The challenge will be extremely hard, as it is impossible to live a normal life today without leaving any digital traces.
My goal is to:
- Be unable to track down.
- Make all my communication completely secure / secret.
- Leave few electronic traces.
I will not be able to:
- Prevent people from contacting me in a way that is readable to Big Brother (for example, I can't prevent anyone sending me an email or a text).
- While at work, doing work related stuff (7am-3pm Monday till Friday Big Brother will see me).
Note: Work will not be a free zone for doing private stuff, hence I will not do anything private, that is traceable, even while at work.
- I will post updates related this challenge, from an untraceable destination.
I dare more people to join me doing this challenge, in protest to the massive surveillance we're all under. Big Brother is watching, but in September he shall see less.
What this means?
- A month of cash only payments (no form of electronic payment - Bitcoin would work but nowhere to use that in Norway).
- No usage of my own mobile phone (my phone will be left home at all times, turned on, but not used).
- Not using any email address traceable to me (emails can never be 100% encrypted).
- No electronic calendar, document solution, image uploading or what have you got.
- No public transport using card registered on me.
- Not using my own Internet connection at home.
- Not doing any races as myself.
- Not tracking my runs using any GPS tool.
- Not having any photos taken of me (I will try avoiding this as best I can).
- Not driving my car (there are cameras everywhere).
- Not accessing my gym using my ID card.
I'm sure I will think of other things I can't do as well.
Below is a list of the challenges I've done so far.
Challenge #0 : December 2011 : Rejected by Seven
Challenge #1 : April 2012 : The 10 Words Challenge
Challenge #2 : May 2012 : The Less Social, More Sleep Challenge
Challenge #3 : June 2012 : The Leave Phone Home Challenge
Challenge #4 : July 2012 : The Read Every Day Challenge
Challenge #5 : August 2012 : The Photo Poetry Challenge
Challenge #6 : September 2012 : The Go To Class Challenge
Challenge #7 : October 2012 : The Call Grandma Every Day Challenge
Challenge #8 : November 2012 : The Do Nothing Challenge
... or view all my monthly challenges here.