Race #13 2013 - 9.2km - 40:56 - Sunday 9th of June
No amount of beetroot juice can change the fact that I'm not in best of shape at the moment. Heavy legs, heavy breath and heavy shorts. I hoped to set a SB on the 10 km, but unfortunately the race was neither 5 km or 10 km as announced. I did set a SB, and a PB, on the well known 9.2 km though.
A huge thanks to Tim that did a amazing job cheering. No one has ever cheered on me like he did today. It made my day ((:
By the way, several people out walking today got grumpy due to people racing. C'mon peeps, grow up or stay the f%&k away from Sognsvann if you hate runners. How anal is it possible to be?
Atmosphere : 3/5
+ Several nice people around.
- Nothing unique about the atmosphere.
Toilets : 3/5
+ The organisers had plenty of port-a-loos!
- Portaloos without toilet paper is no use, for most. Fail for not having plenty of toilet paper available.
Value for money : 5/5
+ 100 kr start fee is very cheap.
+ YT drink after the race.
+ Some people got food as well, unfortunately I never realised that you could get this.
Organising : 3/5
+ An informative website.
- Queues for race bib pickup were not marked (kids vs grown ups).
- A very chaotic Jippi Løp for the kids (reports said that kids were pushed, fell and stepped on, no good!).
Race Timing : 4/5
- Never saw any results after the race, at the race location.
+ Results online hours after race finish.
Track : 3/5
+ It's a very nice track, in my backyard.
+ Mainly gravel, some grass.
+ Not a flat and boring track, but some nice hills.
- When you announce a 5 km and a 10 km race you should make a 5 and a 10 km race. It should not be that hard to measure better than the organisers had done here. 2 out of 5 marks reduced due to this mistake.
OVERALL : 3.5 / 5
|Today's race outfit. Nothing unique about this any more. And no skirt for me, I leave that to Andreas and Tim.|
|A nice day. Luckily the sun was not shining during the race, hence it was not too warm.|
|Finding the way was easy.|
|Kids queue to the left, grown ups to the right. Unfortunately no one knew this. Signs would have helped.|
|Mr Ringom slightly annoyed that he had to work as he really wanted to do the Jippi race later on.|
|Futtnfart ready to give everything.|
|Another race bin in my photo collection.|
Photos by other
|Photo by Mr Bennett. If I was equally good at running as spotting the photographers I would have done well.|
| race home page | garmin connect | results | race report from silja | race report from futtnfart | kondis article |